From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Bunroku 3 (文禄三年)
Timeline of 1594
- Abe Masakatsu is named "Iyo no kami" and is granted use of the Toyotomi surname.
- Construction is completed on Fushimi castle; Toyotomi Hideyoshi begins his residence there.
- Ikeda Terumasa marries Tokuhime, a daughter of Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- Konoe Nobusuke is exiled to Satsuma province.
- A land survey is undertaken upon the orders of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi stars in Osaka in a number of plays about his own life.
- Negotiations continue towards a truce between Japan, China, and Korea.
- Katô Kiyomasa et. al. are ordered to withdraw from Korea.
- Envoy from Hideyoshi arrives in Beijing seeking to negotiate a truce.
Births and Deaths
- Hatakeyama Yoshitsuna, lord of Noto, dies (b. 1536).
- Hongo Tadatora, Shimazu retainer, dies (b. 1556).
- Ishikawa Goemon, famous thief, is captured and executed.
- Kimura Shigenari, Toyotomi retainer, is born (d. 1615).
- Shimazu Teruhisa dies (b. 1567).
- Watari Motomune dies (b. 1530).