From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tenshô 11 (天正十一年)
Timeline of 1583
- 1583/4/21 Battle of Shizugatake
- 1583/4/27 Maeda Toshiie makes a bloodless entry into Kanazawa.
- 1583/4/28 Toyotomi Hideyoshi enters Kanazawa, confirms Maeda Toshiie in his holdings in Noto, and grants him two holdings in Kaga province, nearly doubling the Maeda lands.
- 1583/9/1 Construction of Osaka castle is started.
Other Events of 1583
- King Shô Ei of Ryûkyû is formally presented with Miyako-jôfu textiles. Records of this event are the earliest extant records of this particular textile art.
- Italian Jesuit artist Giovanni Niccolo arrives in Japan, dispatched by Rome to train Japanese artists in the creation of Christian devotional paintings.
- Matteo Ricci founds the first Jesuit mission in China.
Births and Deaths
- 1583/4/24 Shibata Katsuie and Oichi commit suicide at Kitanoshô castle.
- Missionary Luis de Almeida dies (b. 1525).
- Hayashi Razan is born (d. 1657).
- Ishikawa Jôzan is born (d. 1672).
- Nakagawa Kiyohide dies.
- Sakuma Morimasa is captured at Shizugatake and later executed.
- Shibata Katsumasa is killed at Shizugatake.
- Shibata Katsuhisa is killed at Shizugatake.