From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Eiroku 12 (永禄十二年)
Timeline of 1569
- 1569/1/5 The Miyoshi attack Ashikaga Yoshiaki at the Honkokuji in Kyoto.
- 1569/4 Luis Frois meets with Oda Nobunaga in Kyoto.
- 1569/Summer The city of Sakai submits to Nobunaga's authority.
- 1569/7 Fujii Kogen takes Kannabe castle from Mori forces.
- 1569/10/9 Takeda Shingen surrounds Odawara castle in Sagami; around a week later Shingen retreats and in the process defeats a Hôjô army at the Battle of Mimasetoge.
- 1569/11/23 Hôjô Ujimasa repairs Odawara castle.
- 1569/12 Môri Motonari withdraws his army from Chikuzen province.
Other Events of 1569
- Luis de Almeida arrives at Amakusa.
- The Jesuits, expelled from Kyoto in 1566, are allowed to return to the city.
- The Ryûkyû Kingdom dispatches a monk from Tenryû-ji as an envoy to the Shimazu clan to express thanks for the Shimazu safely returning the crew and cargo of a Miyako Islands boat which was castaway in Shimazu territory the previous year.
Births and Deaths of 1569