From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tenmon 1 (天文元年)
Timeline of 1532
- 1532/6/20 Hosokawa Harumoto and the Ishiyama Honganji monto force Miyoshi Motonaga to commit suicide (the Sakai Bakufu ends).
- 1532/7 Members of the Nichiren sect in Kyoto form the Lotus Confederation (Hokke ikki).
- 1532/8 Yamashina Mido is destroyed by forces led by Hosokawa Harumoto and Rokkaku Sadayori. The True Pure Land sect relocates its chief center of activity to Ishiyama Honganji.
Other Events of 1532
- Omoro Sôshi, a collection of ancient Okinawan legends and poetry, is first compiled.
- Yamazaki Sôkan first compiles his Inutsukubashû, a collection of renga and haikai.
Births and Deaths
- Miyoshi Motonaga commits suicide.