From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Genkô 3 (元弘三年)
Timeline of 1333
- Spring: Emperor Go-Daigo escapes exile on Oki Island, returning to Honshû.
- 1333/2 Shogunate forces reduce Akasaka castle and Yoshino, and converge on Chihaya castle, where Kusunoki Masashige leads the defense.
- 1333/3/27 Forces in support of Emperor Go-Daigo converge on Kyoto.
- 1333/4/7 Pro-imperial forces led by Nitta Yoshisada capture Kamakura.
- 1333/4/10 Hôjô Hidetoki, military governor of Kyushu, is defeated by the Shôni and Ôtomo clans.
- 1333/4/22 Emperor Go-Daigo re-enters Kyoto.
Other Events of 1333
- Ashina Naonori builds a mansion in Wakamatsu on a site which will later become Aizu-Wakamatsu castle.
Births and Deaths